We’re deeply committed to craftsmanship and quality, which is what makes our partnership with Knob Creek a perfect fit.
Since its founding nearly 30 years ago, Knob Creek has set the standard for premium, full-flavored bourbon, and upholds the highest principles of whiskey-making to this day.
The proof is in the pour, as every drop is crafted with conviction and sealed with defining quality.
At The Boardsmith, we can relate to setting the standard, as one of the most admired makers of butcher blocks in the world. Our reputation has been hard-built, beginning with an uncompromising approach to craftsmanship and ending in high-quality products to be enjoyed for years to come.
We recommend cooking your fish, meat or chicken on our Knob Creek Bourbon Barrel Grilling Planks and serving alongside a bourbon glaze.
Knob Creek Bourbon Glaze:
½ Cup Spicy Brown Mustard
¼ Cup Knob Creek Bourbon
¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
⅓ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepot. Stir to combine then bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has reduced slightly.
- Remove from the heat and chill until ready to use. This can be done ahead of time – the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
Tips for Plank Grilling
- Soak the plank in water for 30-60 minutes before grilling.
- Place the plank on the grill until the side facing down is lightly charred
- Flip the plank and lay your food onto the charred/blackened side. The more charred the plank, the smokier your food will be.
- For a less smoky flavor, use the plank without charring first.
- If grilling fish, lightly oil the cooking surface to prevent sticking
- Keep a squirt bottle of water handy to smolder the plank if it catches fire
- If there is any wood left after the grilling, scrub the plank clean (no soap) and dry throughly to prevent molding.
- When the plank is no longer usable, break it up into pieces to use for smoking in the future.
Knob Creek® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 50-60.% Alc./Vol.
©2021 Knob Creek Distillery, Clermont, KY. 21+ only.