Boardsmith cutting board feet are comprised of two parts: an outer wooden escutcheon that we make by hand in our shop, and an inner polyurethane foot or bumper that nests inside the escutcheon. The wood is pre-treated with pure mineral oil prior to shipping. The butcher block feet set also includes four, #10, pan-head stainless steel screws. Unlike normal coated screws, stainless steel screws will not rust with prolonged exposure to moisture.
The total height of the wooden cutting board feet and escutcheons is approximately 7/8" tall.
For a simple installation walkthrough, see our video on youtube.
1) Mark the screw hole locations on the bottom of the butcher block. I normally recommend around 1 1/2" in from each corner. If it's a small cutting board like a sidekick, go closer to the outer corner.
2) Using a 5/32" drill bit, pre-drill a 1/2" deep hole at each screw location. You can also use a 1/8" (tight fit) or a 9/64" bit (snug fit), but 5/32" tends to work best.
3) Using the same bit, pre-drill through the center of each polyurethane bumper. This isn't critical, but it makes installation easier.
4) Using a regular Phillips head screwdriver, thread the screw through the foot and escutcheon until the screw tip is protruding.
5) place the screw tip into the pre-drilled hole in the cutting board and hand tighten until the wooden escutcheon no longer turns freely. Make sure you don't overtighten and drive the screw all the way through the polyurethane foot.
Quality but one board arrived with one foot broken due to shipping issues.
I am so happy with my Walnut end-grain 24x14 board, with feet. I live in the rainforest area of Costa Rica & had many questions about which wood board selection. High high humidity, hot hot temperatures were primary considerations. All my questions were answered & I couldn’t be happier. Just arrived so, according to the directions, I’m in the process of oiling the board. This board will be used with solely vegetables & fruit. Now need to get a 2nd small board for meat, chicken !!
Thank you to everyone at Boardsmith for your outstanding service!
Easy to shop with.
These feet are great for having a stable while also making it easy to pick up the board. I'd defiantly recommend getting some!
This cutting board is gorgeous and a dream to cut on. I never want to cut on anything else.