Known for its lasting strength and durability, maple has long been the traditional wood used for cutting boards and butcher's blocks. We use sustainably harvested (certified FSC) premium-grade maple for these beautiful blonde colored boards.
Prior to shipping, each butcher block is sanded smooth, given a soak in our pharmacy grade mineral oil tank for 30+ minutes, allowed to dry overnight, and then buffed with Boardsmith Board Butter.
Note: maple lumber prices have risen steadily for the last year and a half, increasing 70% during that time. According to our sawmill, prices are expected to continue rising throughout 2022 due to supply shortages and higher transportation costs. We will be making periodic pricing adjustments as our costs increase.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
average weights of butcher block (after oiling) are:
12 X 18, 9-10 lbs
16 X 22, 18-19 lbs
18 X 24, 23-24 lbs
Our standard butcher blocks are 2" thick. Feet add an additional 7/8" and are highly recommended unless the user is under 5'3" (160cm) in height.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Cutting boards are made-to-order - Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to prepare your order for shipping.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
Had to return due to a manufacturing error. Currently waiting for replacement.
Beautiful cutting board! I love it. It’s one of those classy upgrades that made me buy a new knife to go with it. It also has made me want to cook more. Cutting up vegetables is now an enjoyable task. I’m very happy with my board!!
My cutting board arrived today, and it’s truly beautiful. I was nervous about buying an expensive board that I couldn’t see prior to purchasing. I shouldn’t have wasted the energy on worrying; this board looks lovely on my counter, and the care and craftsmanship that went into making it is apparent. It feels good to support a small family business that takes pride in their products. Thank you Board Smith.
Very nice board looking forward to years of use and definitely recommend it to anyone
I was so pleased with the board I bought for myself, I bought another one for my son. Of course, his is larger and more expensive.