Smaller and lighter in weight, these boards make a great companion to our larger cutting boards. Use around the kitchen for smaller cutting and slicing jobs.
- Constructed of long lasting end grain hardwood
- Includes a finger groove for easy handling
- 9" x 12" x 1 3/8"
- 3 lb
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Cutting boards are made-to-order - Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to prepare your order for shipping.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
I've been looking at cutting boards for about 5 years. My wife said we needed new ones (old bamboo ones had glue peeling off the underside). I knew I wanted a high quality, end grain, thick cutting board and Boardsmith delivered. I've had them for about 3 weeks. No issues so far, but you can see and feel the quality of the boards. The seams are tight and the surface is smooth. The walnut is beautiful and heavy. I love that it still smells like fresh walnut wood (made a few pens out of the stuff).
Boardsmith exceeded expectations with delivery. Emails and website said 2-3 weeks, but it shipped in around one week and was in my house in about 2 and 1/2 days. It was much faster than I expected.
As a side note, if you're short, you may want to have the feet removed (I asked this and Boardsmith complied with zero issues). My wife is about 5' 5" (+/-) and the thick wood would be too tall with the feet applied. The thinner sidekick board is ok for her with feet attached.
One recommendation might be to offer the option of slightly smaller feet for shorter people. The board itself is amazing. I'm already saving money for another at the bigger size!!!!
Super quality as expected
A tad to small for my taste
The Sidekick board I purchased is a beautiful piece of work. I love the size. It leaves plenty of space on the counter, yet it’s large enough to handle the job everyday. The workmanship on this one is what I expect from John and his team. It matches the larger Boardsmith board I have been using. I like nice tools, this is another nice tool.
Very pleased with this purchase! Will highly recommend to friends and family, both for product quality and customer service. I thank you, but please do not include me in the draw.
What a beautiful board! The bigger walnut board sits on my counter. It makes a great work space/serving and cutting board. It stands out beautifully in my kitchen. The side kick is also used all the time while cooking I’m so glad I ordered them both. The workmanship is amazing - It was well worth the wait.