Cherry is the softest of the woods we use and is reported by customers as the easiest on high quality knife edges. Our boards are crafted with sustainably harvested Cherry wood from Northwest Pennsylvania. These boards have a rich brown red color that will darken beautifully with age.
Cherry tends to have much more variation in the wood grain, with mineral spots and streaks, small pips, etc. No two are alike. Aesthetically, the wood works best in a traditional-style kitchen.
Prior to shipping, each butcher block is sanded smooth, given a soak in our pharmacy grade mineral oil tank for 30+ minutes, allowed to dry overnight, and then buffed with Boardsmith Board Butter.
Note: prices on cherry lumber have been relatively steady in 2021-2022, rising only 25% or so during that period. As a result, we don't expect major price increases on our cherry butcher blocks.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
We've loved the cutting board so far! The grain patterns match up beautifully across the block, and it looks way better than our previous board
I ordered the end-grain, cherry wood, Butcher block size. I am enjoying the feel of cutting on this board and my knife just glides over it with ease. I like that it is elevated and keep it on my counter because it’s so beautiful. This size perfect and it fits well in my kitchen. I highly recommend this board and plan to buy one for my daughter.
The team at The Boardsmith informed that I wouldn’t get my board before Christmas. I get an email a couple weeks later stating they’re working on it and will ship it a few day before Christmas. It arrived in time for the holiday and it showed up in great condition. It’s sturdy and is well oiled. I was very satisfied with not only the communication by them, but also the quality of the product.
This cutting board is so beautiful, it inspires me to chop more vegetables than I need. :)
The most beautiful and well make cutting board I have ever had, and believe me I have had many In my lifetime!!! I ordered the large board and I am now going to order a smaller one for my other counter work space. I ordered the end grain. Just love love it!!!!