Crafted with sustainably harvested Black Walnut. These boards have a deep chocolate color highlighted with black streaks and some lighter-colored sapwood. Some black walnut end grain cutting boards are fairly consistent in color, and others have high contrast between lighter and darker woods.
Of the three hardwoods we use, walnut arguably has the highest 'Wow!' factor. In terms of durability, the walnut end grain butcher block has the perfect balance of scratch resistance and gentleness on knife edges.
While we can't guarantee any particular look, you are welcome to request a preference in the 'comments' section and we will accommodate if we have one available. Some customers prefer it more uniform and others like high contrast.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
12 X 18, 8-9 lbs
16 X 22, 17-18 lbs
18 X 24, 22-23 lbs
Our standard black walnut end grain cutting boards are 2" thick. Feet add an additional 3/4" and are highly recommended unless the user is under 5'3" (160cm) in height.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
Love my cutting board! Best quality!
Bought this as a gift for my girlfriend. She absolutely loves it. We use the board almost daily and it elevates how the kitchen looks as well.
Nest board ever.
16X22” walnut board is plenty big, stable as a rock and beautiful. I went for a plain board (no grooves) with feet - perfect in its simplicity. Was not initially going to add the feet but I’m happy I did - board doesn’t move and stays properly ventilated. I use an old carving board with juice grooves for the infrequent times I carve a big roast or turkey. Although the board is expensive it’s absolutely worth the price. Well done, Boardsmith!