A few months ago, we started making a small set of wooden utensils out of hardwood offcuts from our butcher block operation. After lots of prototyping and trial, we are modifying and expanding that offering to include a new 8-piece Wooden Utensil Set with Holder. The wooden utensil holder has a permanent top coat, and the utensils just need occasional, light oiling. This utensil set with a holder also includes several mesquite utensils. Mesquite is a durable, gorgeous hardwood that I use frequently in making custom furniture.
We spent a lot of time prototyping and finalizing the details of these. We believe we've come up with profiles that are both beautiful and highly functional. Our spatulas, scraper, and spreading knife are made entirely by hand. For the stirring and serving spoons, we first rough the shape out precisely using a CNC machine. We then hand-shape, finish sand, and give the utensils a soak in pure mineral oil. This process melds technological precision with old-school craftsmanship to give a durable, beautiful set of utensils.
- Maple stirring spoon
- Essential for everyday cooking & tasting as you go
- 13" long X 2" wide
- 2 walnut serving spoons (one slotted and one non-slotted)
- Designed to easily serve pasta, rice, soup, etc.
- 13 1/4" long X 3" wide
- Maple scraper
- Great for deglazing a skillet & safe on non-stick surfaces
- 9 1/4" long X 2" wide
- 2 mesquite spatulas
- Useful for baking, sauteing, and can double as salad tongs
- 12" long X 1 3/4" wide
- Mesquite spreading knife
- Perfect spreader for dips or soft cheeses
- 7" long X 1 1/4" wide
- Maple, cherry, or walnut holder
- Beautifully stores and displays utensils
- 6 1/2" tall X 5 1/4" wide
Awesome! Just enough room to add the pieces I have that are over 50 years old! Looks great on the kitchen counter.