Comprised of hard maple on the interior with a walnut border on the outside, these butcher blocks combine attractiveness with durability.
Be sure to order well in advance, as these are labour intensive and made-to-order. Allow for several weeks prior to shipping.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
My niece loved the board!
John, As you know, this is the sixth board I have purchased from you, and I will be ordering a seventh soon. These boards are works of art and incredibly functional. Each one is unique and incredible. I kept three boards for myself and have given a board to each of my married children so far, with one to go. Everyone LOVES their boards and use them daily. After years of use, my boards still look brand new when I oil them up with coconut oil. Thank-you again, for your commitment to producing the finest boards out of gorgeous wood at a reasonable price. - John Sindell
I absolutely love my board - quality and workmanship are fantastic. It’s obvious that the Boardsmith cares deeply about what he’s doing and I’m thrilled to have one these boards. They’re not only gorgeous, they’re also highly functional - thick, heavy, and stable.
I've had two of these so far. Hands down the best end grain cutting board. Because: first and foremost, looks great! The build quality is phenomenal, there are no gaps vs some that you'll roll the dice with on Etsy. This board will also not damage your knives. I use very thin high end kitchen knives and the end grain construction as well as the type of glue that is use means years of use without worry of damaging your kitchen cutlery. Last but not least, this board will last a lifetime and you could hand this down to the next generation.