Known for its lasting strength and durability, maple has long been the traditional wood used for cutting boards and butcher's blocks. We use sustainably harvested (certified FSC) premium-grade maple for these beautiful blonde colored boards.
Prior to shipping, each butcher block is sanded smooth, given a soak in our pharmacy grade mineral oil tank for 30+ minutes, allowed to dry overnight, and then buffed with Boardsmith Board Butter.
Note: maple lumber prices have risen steadily for the last year and a half, increasing 70% during that time. According to our sawmill, prices are expected to continue rising throughout 2022 due to supply shortages and higher transportation costs. We will be making periodic pricing adjustments as our costs increase.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
average weights of butcher block (after oiling) are:
12 X 18, 9-10 lbs
16 X 22, 18-19 lbs
18 X 24, 23-24 lbs
Our standard butcher blocks are 2" thick. Feet add an additional 7/8" and are highly recommended unless the user is under 5'3" (160cm) in height.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
Maple End Grain Cutting Board
Had no idea a cutting board could be this nice to use - exceeded my expectations in every regard.
I ran into a problem which was not the owner's fault but he was super helpful, volunteering to make good beyond that required by Route, on a situation he did not cause. That kind of kindness and generosity makes the world better.
I’m so pleased with my boards. I have the medium size maple end grain and the matching sidekick board. The surface is so buttery smooth! I use the sidekick a lot for smaller jobs, and did not get the feet on that one so that I can use both sides. I just put a small rubber mat under it when I use it to keep it in place. My larger board is great for bigger jobs and to use as a serving surface. My ugly plastic mats are in the trash and I wonder why I didn’t do this sooner. I just love them.