Cherry is the softest of the woods we use and is reported by customers as the easiest on high quality knife edges. Our boards are crafted with sustainably harvested wood from Northwest Pennsylvania. These cherry end grain cutting boards have a rich brown red color that will darken beautifully with age.
Cherry tends to have much more variation in the wood grain, with mineral spots and streaks, small pips, etc. No two are alike. Aesthetically, the wood works best in a traditional-style kitchen.
Prior to shipping, each cherry end grain butcher block is sanded smooth, given a soak in our pharmacy grade mineral oil tank for 30+ minutes, allowed to dry overnight, and then buffed with Boardsmith Board Butter.
Our standard butcher blocks are 2" thick. Feet add an additional 3/4" and are highly recommended unless the user is under 5'3" (160cm) in height.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
the best purchase i've made for my kitchen. exceptionally made and a great addition to any home kitchen. the craftsmanship and quality is absolutely excellent excellent excellent.
The board is so beautiful!!! I will be considering buying one for a wedding gift, what a nice gift it will be!
It’s a beautiful celebration of wood grain. Assembled with a real understanding of the Cherry tree it came from and for the purpose that it will be used.
The workmanship is top notch and it is beautiful looking. I use the board everyday. It is lightweight; and, it is easy to move around. Thank you for making the board.
I've been wanting to invest in a board for some time. Board Smith made a beautiful Cherry End Grain Cutting Board. I use it everyday. Very happy with my purchase. I really appreciate the quality and craftsmanship of my board.