Cherry is the softest of the woods we use and is reported by customers as the easiest on high quality knife edges. Our boards are crafted with sustainably harvested wood from Northwest Pennsylvania. These cherry end grain cutting boards have a rich brown red color that will darken beautifully with age.
Cherry tends to have much more variation in the wood grain, with mineral spots and streaks, small pips, etc. No two are alike. Aesthetically, the wood works best in a traditional-style kitchen.
Prior to shipping, each cherry end grain butcher block is sanded smooth, given a soak in our pharmacy grade mineral oil tank for 30+ minutes, allowed to dry overnight, and then buffed with Boardsmith Board Butter.
Our standard butcher blocks are 2" thick. Feet add an additional 3/4" and are highly recommended unless the user is under 5'3" (160cm) in height.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
Truly beautiful work—the craftsmanship and attention to detail exceeded expectations. Thank you!
It looks, feels, and even sounds great! When was the last time chopping an onion made you smile?
Really appreciate the craftsmanship that went into this. Looking forward to using it for many years to come. Thank you!
Mine is amazing and this as a gift
Gorgeous cherry wood board! Solid and exquisitely crafted.