The hand-crafted brick pattern end-grain cutting boards are made with sustainably harvested Walnut & Maple.
Be sure to order well in advance, as these are labour intensive and made-to-order. Allow for several weeks prior to shipping.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
I had thought about making one of these myself, but after material costs and the time to make it, purchasing from Boardsmith was a better value...
And I don't think I could have made this turn out better if I had tried. When they say "we make each butcher block by hand, paying careful attention to details like wood grain direction and seamless joinery" they are not using hyperbole. This board is flawless! It's as beautiful to look at as it is to use.
By the way, their "Board Butter" and cutting board oil work amazingly well and their website is a wealth of information (including care instructions).
I gladly payed full price for my board with care kit and this is my honest review.
I bought this board 4 years ago and it is still an impeccable shape which speaks to the craftsmanship. I get great pleasure at looking at and using this board. My favorite purchase for the kitchen. So happy I made the decision to buy it.
I adore this board. The feet are amazing, it looks stunning, and it’s a joy to have in the kitchen.
This is my second purchase from John. When I received a gift of an Etu glass dome I knew who to contact to make me a custom base for it. I chose a walnut and maple brick end grain butcher block and I absolutely LOVE it. As an added benefit for my purchase I got a discount on a maple end grain side kick cutting board that I use almost daily. Thanks to John for sharing his master craftsmen skills and creating this beautiful piece. The pair make a striking piece which I am proud to have on display in my home. It was a great pleasure doing business with him and I look forward to acquiring additional masterpieces in the future.