Tips for your custom engraving:
- We can only engrave the face of the board, not on the edges. Choose an area where you are less likely to chop, and consider selecting a larger board for a greater chopping area. Alternatively, you can request that we not install feet so that your board can be flipped for chopping on the other side.
- Maple engraves the best, followed by cherry and then walnut.
- We will need a fair bit of information from you (font, size, location, etc) so please start this conversation by filling in the box below with as much detail as you can. We will reach out once we have received your personalized chopping board order. **NOTE: please leave your cell number and not just your email address if you order engraving to facilitate coordination.
- Initials/monogram boards are popular, especially if you are giving the butcher block as a wedding or birthday gift.
- Designs are kept simple, but for an additional fee we can enlist our graphic designer for your engraved board.
Worked out well. Recipient very pleased.
I read several reviews of different companies before settling on Boardsmith. The reviews were right. I love my cutting board!!
It took a couple emails back and forth to create the "logo" that I wanted engraved on it because I had an idea/template, but needed to change some of the details. The artist that created the final "logo" did great, provided a few options and I am thrilled with the final design. The board is beautiful to look at, so it sits out where it can be seen when it is not in use.
As far as how well it is holding up, it is doing great. Board Butter, food grade mineral oil, and it holds up fantastic. Remember that cutting boards should be stored on their sides, not flat. This storage requirement actually helps to give you a reason to keep it on display when not in use. Sure, you will get scratches. It is wood, and you are using knives on it. But a used board shows that you appreciate the usefulness, and shows that it is more than just artwork.
Keep your knives nice and sharp, and with a beautiful board under your food, it not only makes the work easier, it makes it much more pleasurable to do food prep when your eyes are constantly taking in the beauty of the board that you are working on.
I have had my board for several months, and it has gotten plenty of use. No cracks, splits or anything coming undone in any way.
Thank you Boardsmith for taking the time to help me design a beautiful board, and thank you for your wonderful craftsmanship!!
Great quality and good experience with ordering.
Super easy, they worked with me to finalize the design. Engraving turned out beautiful and love seeing it. Adds a really nice touch to an already beautiful board.
This is my second board. My first board is the Maple Butcher Block. I loved it so much and wanted a personalized smaller one.I purchased it when it was on sale. I receive so many compliments on it. The workmanship is impeccable. This will be handed down to my son.