Boardsmith cutting board feet are comprised of two parts: an outer wooden escutcheon that we make by hand in our shop, and an inner polyurethane foot or bumper that nests inside the escutcheon. The wood is pre-treated with pure mineral oil prior to shipping. The butcher block feet set also includes four, #10, pan-head stainless steel screws. Unlike normal coated screws, stainless steel screws will not rust with prolonged exposure to moisture.
The total height of the wooden cutting board feet and escutcheons is approximately 7/8" tall.
1) Mark the screw hole locations on the bottom of the butcher block. I normally recommend around 1 1/2" in from each corner. If it's a small cutting board like a sidekick, go closer to the outer corner.
2) Using a 5/32" drill bit, pre-drill a 1/2" deep hole at each screw location. You can also use a 1/8" (tight fit) or a 9/64" bit (snug fit), but 5/32" tends to work best.
3) Using the same bit, pre-drill through the center of each polyurethane bumper. This isn't critical, but it makes installation easier.
4) Using a regular Phillips head screwdriver, thread the screw through the foot and escutcheon until the screw tip is protruding.
5) place the screw tip into the pre-drilled hole in the cutting board and hand tighten until the wooden escutcheon no longer turns freely. Make sure you don't overtighten and drive the screw all the way through the polyurethane foot.
Hand Made Board Feet - Set of 4
This organization has THE most talented craftsman that make the most AMAZING cutting boards - they become family heirlooms! I always get the board feet to make sure there is plenty of air circulation, and for me the board feet make it easier to pick up the cutting board and clean it (these cutting boards are heavy!) They do the job perfectly :)
Great feet but a bit high for my taste. They are 7/8". I think they would look better at 1/2".
This is an incredibly beautiful board with tons of space for all my ingredients! Thank you!
Purchased one of Boardsmith’s Frankenboards because I prefer patterns that have variation … Perfection is boring. This board is gorgeous.