Smaller and lighter in weight, these boards make a great companion to our larger cutting boards. Use around the kitchen for smaller cutting and slicing jobs.
- Constructed of long lasting end grain hardwood
- Includes a finger groove for easy handling
- 9" x 12" x 1 3/8"
- 3 lb
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
The boards are very attractive but my biggest issue it the amount of knife cuts already appearing. I know that it will happen but they started after the 1st use. I was hoping for $ I paid they would hold up better.
Thanks for the feedback, Bonnie. Knife marks are a function of two things: the type of knife used and the technique of the user. A serrated knife, for example, will scar up almost any cutting board very quickly, regardless of the butcher block's quality.
On average, our customers get 6-8 years out of a cherry, 8-10 years out of a walnut, and 10-12 years out of a maple block before they need to be sanded smooth again. So if your block is getting knife marks from day one, I'd be happy to talk to you about that to see what might be causing it.
Also, please know that we (or you) can sand your board to like-new condition if and when it's needed. That's one of the beautiful things about a well-made, wood butcher block.
I love the walnut sidekick for onions and garlic exclusively, keeping the larger board for fruits and vegetables.
It’s beautifully crafted and a perfect size for the task.
I have owned a larger Boardsmith board for years and decided to get a smaller one for daily tasks. The Walnut finish is truly stunning, and the craftsmanship is impeccable, just like the first board. I am beyond impressed and know that these boards will last forever. Highly, highly recommended.
If you are doing your research, then you'll likely end up where I did when shopping for a quality cutting board. The Boardsmith fabricates the best boards for the best price. Everything about their boards are top shelf. From the wood, to the matching up of the wood's patterns, the glue, the thickness, the feet (love their board's feet) , everything is awesome. Their board's surfaces are finished and then soaked in a mineral oil bath before shipping. I have three boards now and use them all every day because I do actually prep and cook. Thank you Boardsmith!
I love my sidekick. This is a beautiful board that works really well in the kitchen. I highly recommend the Sidekick board for homeowners. This piece will give you years of satisfaction and its so cool looking you can actually just leave out on counter top. We love our new purchase!