*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Cutting boards are made-to-order - Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to prepare your order for shipping.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
I would rate the craftsmanship a five and the size is perfect. The reason for the 2 star rating is because of the finger slots, they’re too shallow. I have small hands and when I reach for the board it feels like the board is going to slip out of my hands. Because of this I have only used the board a few times so sad because I had such high hopes and expectations.
This board is beautiful to look at, very well made and a perfect size for my tiny NYC kitchen.
Love it. Use it every day. Constant go-to board. Slightest seam separation but not growing larger.
I bought this along with a full size cherry board a couple of years ago. Though I normally use the full sized board, my wife prefers the sidekick. It is light and nimble and excellent for smaller jobs. After having the sidekick for some time, coincidentally I got into making home cocktails and have found this to be an absolute essential bar accessory now. When I’m making a cocktail, cutting citrus, prepping garnishes, etc. this is my base.
It has held up completely and looks and functions today just as it did when I purchased it. Both the full sized and this board are of the highest quality (I believe that statement gets overused in general but I do not know how the material or craftsmanship could be any greater in this case.) They are an absolute joy to use on a daily basis.
Several years ago we ask Boardsmith to make us several small utility cutting boards. These are easy to move from place to place as you need them. These are beautiful to look and and have withstood daily use with no deterioration-- just achieving a venerable look on the cutting surface.
Recently we bought two Sidekicks so we would have some boards with a juice groove. These are a bit bigger than our earlier ones, and so a bit heavier. They are again absolutely beautiful, and we look forward to them also becoming venerable over many years of use.