Cherry is the softest of the woods we use and is reported by customers as the easiest on high quality knife edges. Our boards are crafted with sustainably harvested Cherry wood from Northwest Pennsylvania. These boards have a rich brown red color that will darken beautifully with age.
Cherry tends to have much more variation in the wood grain, with mineral spots and streaks, small pips, etc. No two are alike. Aesthetically, the wood works best in a traditional-style kitchen.
Prior to shipping, each butcher block is sanded smooth, given a soak in our pharmacy grade mineral oil tank for 30+ minutes, allowed to dry overnight, and then buffed with Boardsmith Board Butter.
Note: prices on cherry lumber have been relatively steady in 2021-2022, rising only 25% or so during that period. As a result, we don't expect major price increases on our cherry butcher blocks.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Cutting boards are made-to-order - Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to prepare your order for shipping.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
The most beautiful and well make cutting board I have ever had, and believe me I have had many In my lifetime!!! I ordered the large board and I am now going to order a smaller one for my other counter work space. I ordered the end grain. Just love love it!!!!
Size is great and makes food prep way more enjoyable. Looks beautiful on the counter as well.
I had high expectations when ordering this board due to everything I’ve read about it + having such excellent service from John. Usually this is a recipe for disaster as it’s better to expect less and get more. However in this case, the board met and exceeded my expectations by light years ! Such beautiful wood, incredible Workmanship, soft and easy to cut on, beautiful reds and grains. So happy I purchased this. I sit there and stare at my board the way I stare at my newborn. Needless to say, my wife wants to kill me. she also loves the board too though :D
Cherry End Grain Cutting Board
Quality workmanship. A wonderful bit of woodwork.