Thousands of small pieces of high-quality Hard Maple are meticulously combined to craft these one-of-a-kind boards. These are a labor of love; requiring a huge amount of time and hardwood to create.
Be sure to order well in advance, as these are labor-intensive and made-to-order. Allow 4-6 weeks or more prior to shipping. As you can imagine, these require many, many glue-ups over a long period of time.
The photo gallery shows our traditional mosaic butcher block. We can also do them in a rectilinear style, where all the blocks are small rectangles and squares. The final image in the gallery is rectlinear. You can see additional examples of those on our Instagram and Facebook pages. You can request your preference in the 'notes' section at checkout.
Based on the method of construction, dimensions on these are approximate.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
this cutting board is now my most favorite thing about my kitchen!
Originally bought a John Boos butcher block, which after 6+ months of waiting, arrived damaged. Due to the long wait for a replacement, I started researching for other cutting boards and came across The Boardsmith. As I was looking for something unique, ultimately decided on the endgrain walnut mosaic cutting board with finger grooves and feet. It’s an exceptional cutting board both in function and aesthetics, with an added bonus of using a smaller countertop footprint. Even after months of heavy use, still looks great. Couldn’t be happier with this purchase and would highly recommend to any kitchen and woodworking aficionado.
The mosaic end grain cutting board is a center piece in design and it shows in its craftsmanship….has stood up very well for all my cutting needs!