Thousands of small pieces of high-quality Walnut are meticulously combined to craft these one-of-a-kind boards. These are a labor of love; the value of the hardwood used in a typical 18" X 24" walnut mosaic block approaches $400... before any work even starts.
Be sure to order well in advance, as these are labor-intensive and made-to-order. Allow 4-6 weeks or more prior to shipping. As you can imagine, these require many, many glue-ups over a long period of time.
The photo gallery shows our traditional mosaic butcher block. We can also do them in a rectilinear style, where all the blocks are small rectangles and squares. The last image in the gallery is rectilinear, and you can see additional examples of those on our Instagram and Facebook pages. You can request your preference in the 'notes' section at checkout.
Based on the method of construction, dimensions on these are approximate.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Cutting boards are made-to-order - Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to prepare your order for shipping.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
Absolutely Love my Mosaic board! Its a showstopper with its size and beauty and it has really encouraged me to use wood oil on all my other wood utensils and older boards. Couldn't be happier!