Known for its lasting strength and durability, maple has long been the traditional wood used for cutting boards and butcher's blocks. We use sustainably harvested (certified FSC) premium-grade maple for these beautiful blonde colored end grain cutting boards.
Prior to shipping, each maple end grain butcher block is sanded smooth, given a soak in our pharmacy grade mineral oil tank for 30+ minutes, allowed to dry overnight, and then buffed with Cutting Board Butter.
Built to be beautiful. Built to last.
average weights of butcher block (after oiling) are:
12 X 18, 9-10 lbs
16 X 22, 18-19 lbs
18 X 24, 23-24 lbs
Our standard maple end grain cutting boards are 2" thick. Feet add an additional 3/4" and are highly recommended unless the user is under 5'3" (160cm) in height.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)
The length of time to receive this cutting board is excessive. Where is my purchase
I bought this as a gift for my husband who lives to cook. The seller made sure I received it in time for his birthday which I really appreciated. It’s a beautiful board!
Knowing a little of woodworking, we were really impressed with the attention to detail and craftsmanship.
Beautiful workmanship, materials and overall design. I’m a bit reluctant to use it it’s so nice!
The Boardsmith product is the highest quality and a joy to use!