As we know from Wisdom Behind the Wood, almost all Maple has mineral streaks. It is the nature of Maple. We try to minimize them when we can, but they don't affect quality, form or function. This one has a few streaks and small filled voids, but doesn't detract from it's beauty at all. These marks are organic to the wood and make each chopping block unique!
We feel this is a really pretty board, but we just couldn't sell it as a "first run" because there are a few more filled voids than we'd like to see. It will be a great addition to any kitchen at a discounted price.
Feet will NOT be installed, but if you order a set, I'll be happy to put them on for you:
We can also add finger grooves and/or a perimeter groove for a small fee. Just send us a note at check-out and we'll invoice you.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)