The walnut used in our current charcuterie boards are urban salvage, trees taken down and reclaimed due to land development in Anna, Texas. The wood was slabbed and kiln-dried by a local sawyer with whom The Boardsmith has a good relationship.
Walnut is a dense hardwood, long prized as one of the most desirable woods in furniture making and cabinetry. Most commercially available walnut is steamed, resulting in a somewhat washed out, if consistent, color scheme. In the case of this reclaimed walnut, the lumber has been kiln dried without steaming. As a result, all the natural beauty of the wood is intact, and there is often strong color contrast between the cream colored sapwood and the chocolate colored heartwood.
This larger size makes for the perfect charcuterie platform!
We currently only have a few Unsteamed Walnut boards, so if you like this one, don't wait.
We can also add engraving for a small fee. If you want engraving, send us a note at check out and we will contact you.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)