We recently sent a Mother's Day email with a picture of John and his mom as well as a picture of the first cutting board he ever made (affectionately named Wilbur). We've added it in the gallery here for you to see. He made this board for his mom in high school shop. It is still in great shape all these years later!
It inspired us to make a newer, bigger version of Wilbur out of this gorgeous cherry. Wilber 2.0 is big and beautiful!! He'll make the perfect board for a big gigantic charcuterie or even to use when taking your meat... surely not pork :) ... off the grill. We recommend using the back side if you are doing any cutting and you can use the front side as a display or serving tray.
We love Wilbur 2.0 and we know you will too! He's SOME PIG -- 28 1/2 inches long literally from nose to tail! And he's 18 inches tall in total. If you are the one to purchase him, please send us action shots when you put him to good use!
Feet will NOT be installed, but if you order a set, I'll be happy to put them on for you:
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Our boards are made by hand, and will ship in 2-3 weeks.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)