All of the walnut, hackberry, and white oak used in our current charcuterie boards are urban salvage, trees taken down and reclaimed due to land development in Anna, Texas. The wood was slabbed and kiln-dried by a local sawyer with whom The Boardsmith has a good relationship.
White oak is a dense hardwood long desired in furniture making due to its gorgeous wood grain. Colors range from off-white to light brown, as in these charcuterie boards.
We currently only have 4 white oak boards, so if you like this one, don't wait.
We can also add engraving for a small fee. If you want engraving, send us a note at check out and we will contact you.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Cutting boards are made-to-order. Due to increased demand, ordering now means your order will arrive after the holidays.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)