ADD-ON ITEM: this smaller-sized charcuterie board is an add-on item, meaning shipping on it will be free (continental U.S.) if you bundle it with another cutting board or serving tray. We are aware that you can add this to the cart and purchase it by itself. If you choose to do that, we’ll need to add-on shipping costs.
Honey Mesquite charcuterie board (Approximately 17 1/2" x 8 1/2" x ¾” thick at longest points).
I love mesquite from south Texas. It’s normally considered a pesky, thorny shrub tree, best used as smoking wood for steaks and briskets. But on rare occasion, one will have a chance to grow large enough to produce usable timbers. Mesquite lumber is gorgeous, with a ton of character, reflecting the harsh environments in which they grow. I’ve made a lot of furniture commissions using mesquite, and really like to combine mesquite and walnut.
The lumber in these charcuterie boards were originally intended for a large furniture commission. I made a road trip to a sawmill outside of San Antonio and spent hours hand-sorting lumber to find these boards. Many of them are live edge, and we softened those rough edges by hand. Mesquite normally has large voids and cracks, and we filled all of those with multiple applications of black resin. Each was hand-sanded for a glossy smoothness, and then treated with mineral oil and board butter.Mesquite is very dense and durable, and these should outlive you if you give them occasional maintenance (board butter, no dishwasher, etc.). They are quite large, and would be perfect charcuterie boards for entertaining. You will get lots of ‘wow’ comments from guests when they see it.
** We can engrave any board for an extra fee. If you are interested in this, please send us a note at check out.
*Photos are for demonstration only. Yours will look unique due to the variations in natural wood
Cutting boards are made-to-order. Due to increased demand, ordering now means your order will arrive after the holidays.
- Traditional end-grain construction withstands years of use
- Crafted with only sustainably sourced premium grade hardwood
- Individually handcrafted with careful attention to details such as wood grain direction and seamless joinery
- Easier on your knife edge compared to 'long' or 'edge' grain cutting boards.
- Smoothly beveled edges and corners
- High quality food-safe and waterproof glue
- Wood encased shock absorbing feet attached with stainless steel screws
- Finished with food grade mineral oil and beeswax
- Easy to maintain
- Doubles as a beautiful serving platter for bread, cheese and appetizers.
- Designed and made in the USA
BONUS! Order with one of our Premium cutting boards and save 15% off your Sidekick (discount applied in your cart automatically)